[Mplayer-users] Bugreport-voodoo3 rh7.1 and xvideo

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Jul 23 10:10:40 CEST 2001

Hi,

> Am Montag, 23. Juli 2001 07:52 schrieben Sie:
> > On Sat, 21 Jul 2001, Adam Bertil wrote:
> > > Mplayer(pre5-cvs does not compile today 21jul)
> > > complains about this:
> > >
> > > ---
> > > --
> > >
> > > When using mplayer -vo xv a.mpg
> >
> > i think you just need to run it as root for xv to work.
>
> No, you don't!
> Root priviledges are only needed for DGA
and maybe for 3dfx's Xv too.
It uses Glide, which is a root-only library.

Are you running mplayer locally?
I tried to run it on a second computer, and display redirected
to mine, but i got the same errors for Xv. X11 did work.

Btw you should upgrade X, AFAIK 3dfx stuff in 4.0.3 is still buggy.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu