[Mplayer-users] dirty ideas to speedup libMP3

Christoph Lampert lampert at math.chalmers.se
Mon Jul 23 12:16:55 CEST 2001

>> I found that on slow CPUs (and I mean slooooooow like mine), MP3 Audio
>> eats a lot of CPU time (up to 50%, it can't skip & often no MMX and/or 3dnow)
>how 'bout decoding mp3 to wav before playing the movie?

Oh... boooring! Anybody can do that! I'd rather prefer a real-time version.

I don't want to have another >700MB file on harddisk, just because my girl
friends computer is too slow to play the mp3-version.

Or is there an option in mplayer to play a different audio-file than
present in the video stream? Like "hearable subtitles" or "dubbed version"?

gruel

--
Dipl. math. Christoph Lampert (complex analysis, integral formulae)
Email: gruel at gmx.de                |     Email: lampert at math.chalmers.se