[Mplayer-users] popular

Christoph H. Lampert gruel at gmx.de
Mon Jul 23 22:20:18 CEST 2001

Am Montag, 23. Juli 2001 21:54 schrieben Sie:
> Hi,
>
> > *This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(tm)
> > Pro* well, i didn't manipulate the popularity ...
> >
> > i manipulated the new "Raking", i think everbody should do that ;-)
>
> what did you do? i don't understand...

There is a new option "Ranking" on the freshmeat page, where you can give up
to 10 points to every project. Johannes gave 10 out of 10 and is the only
voter (was, until a few minutes ago), so MPlayer is the highest ranked
program at all (together with a few others who had the same idea).

A good part of the "Popularity" value seems to be based on the "Ranking", so
MPlayer is very high there, even higher than the other 10/10 projects.

I guess, from now on, it will only go further down with MPlayer's
popularity... ;-)

gruel