[Mplayer-users] new ffmpeg/libavcodec

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Tue Jul 24 21:14:27 CEST 2001

Hi, Arpi!

On 2001-07-24 00:16:36 you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Gerard Lantau just merged & fixed some things of libavcodec
>in ffmpeg's CVS to get it working well wiht MPlayer.
>I didn't updated (or removed) old version in MPlayer tree, because
>it may contains some optimization not yet merged into ffmpeg tree.
>(I hope that Nick will do it soon)

Not soon. I have a lot of problems with my new hardware aka ATI Radeon VE ;)
I didn't know that Radeon != Radeon VE from driver point.
Simply it doesn't work under Linux and I have no graphics for now (Btw under WinNT - all o'k).
But I hate aalib ;)
Currently I will try to setup XFree86-Suse where was declared support of my card.
So when I'll get working X11 then I'll continue participation with mplayer.

Best regards! Nick (2001-07-24 19:07:40)