[Mplayer-users] strange percentage numbers

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Fri Jul 27 22:38:56 CEST 2001

Hi,

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001 22:18:41 +0200 (CEST) Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:

> I think that win32 codecs uses SSE, doesn't matter if you disable it
> in mplayer (they use built-in cpu detection code).
>
> And sse corrupts FPU registers, this way float percentage numbers are
> badly calculated.

Could be, but I dont think it's this. See below.

> Can you try different codecs (line vfw,dshow,ffmpeg,divx4 etc) for
> same file? Does codec matter? Does video mode (x11,xv,null,etc) matter?

I tested divx, divxds, ffdivx and mpeg, with different output
devices (x11, sdl, dga). I always got those strange percentage numbers.
Looks like the problem is somewhere in mplayer itself. Could be
the calculating routine itself (but i didnt check the code, so
forgive me if i'm wrong).

			Attila Kinali

--
Man who sink into womans arms soon have arms in womans sink.