[Mplayer-users] Re: OT: videocards database

Anssi Saari as at sci.fi
Sat Jul 28 16:19:53 CEST 2001

On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 11:38:04AM +0200, Attila Kinali wrote:

> As we have a lot of discussion about which videocard is
> the best, maybe we should add an other file to DOCS
> that collects all the advantages and disadvantages of the
> videocards reported to this list. I think it would save
> some trafic here and would be a great source for information
> for those who want to buy a new card.

The information in DOCS/VIDEOCARDS is a good start. Maybe it could be
a little clearer, but with all the different output drivers I don't
know how.

I have an update to it however. For NVidia cards the open source "nv"
driver in XFree86 4.1.0 has Xvideo support. The open source driver was
even slightly faster (0.8%) than the NVidia's 1.0-1251 decoding video
on my system.