[Mplayer-users] Re: video card(s)?

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz misiek at pld.ORG.PL
Sat Jul 28 00:02:54 CEST 2001

Felix Buenemann <atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net> writes:

> > If the Nvidia image quality weren't shit in 1600x1200, I'd be happy with
> > it. Elsa Gladiac MX is the card in question, Geforce 2 MX with 32MB.
> hmm, are you sure bad image quality in high res is due to Nvidia
> card?
It's rather due to linux drivers. I also have this problem. In
1600x1024 or 1600x1200 when using mplayer or avifile in window I get
strange things (tm) on monitor (blinking lines on right of
avifile/mplayer window). When I enlarge avifile window these lines
disappear. This problem doesn't exist in M$ Windows (in these
resolutions) or in lower resolution under X or in fullscreen.

My hardware is TNT2 M64 with 32MB and Sony 17' G200. kernel 2.4.5,
XFree 4.1.0, nvidia drivers 1251.

> Maybe you should use a BNC cable to connect to your monitor, it has
> much better quality then standard vga cable.
I don't think that cable causes problems.

--
 Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz, AM2-6BONE, 1024/3DB19BBD
 IPv6 ready PLD Linux at http://www.pld.org.pl/