[Mplayer-users] Maintaining movie acpect ratio in windowed mode, possible?

Mark Gjøl cyrax at nerd.dk
Sun Jul 29 12:30:24 CEST 2001

Felix Buenemann wrote:

>On Saturday, 28. July 2001 20:46, you wrote:
>
>>Hi
>>
>>I was trying to find a feature that forces windows acpect ratio to remain
>>the same as the films when resizing window. Is there such a feature in
>>mplayer or am I just blind?-)
>>
>currently only solution is -xy switch on commandline.

Using the -xy you still have to calculate the aspect ratio manually... Rite?

A feature like -zoom would be nice, but it would be better if you could
resize while watching the movie like Windows media player (If you don't
know what WMP does: If you resize the window then WMP keeps the movie
aspect ratio inside the border). A feature where you could zoom in-movie
would be as good.

I doubt it anyone enjoys watching movies with a wrong aspect ratio :P

// Mark