[Mplayer-users] Re: ATI Radeon VE

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Mon Jul 30 12:18:28 CEST 2001

Hi, Arpi!

On 2001-07-28 15:26:11 you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>> (probably sharpness or something likewise). Maybe it's postprocessing
>> (or not well enough or unnecessary) for libmpeg2, Arpi?
>try to play with -pp option
>-pp 0 - no postp
>-pp 63 - all postp filters

Yes, -pp 0 is better but not perfect.
With -pp 63 I got some strange rectangles (squares) on screen
when story is changed.

>i think that no postp needed for DVD, it's high bitrate enough.
>postproc is recommended for low bitrate mpeg1 files.
>
>> And last: I don't know - is it effect of 3D's performance but -vo gl
>> produces only 5-10 frames per second on this chip.
>do you have DRI set up corectly?
I don't use dri. Finely dri module is loaded but Section "DRI" is commented out.
>how many fps do you get from 'gears' ?
I don't know how extract such information from 'gears'
but 'glxgears' shows me 170FPS in standard window and 16-20FPS in window
which have size of full screen (1024x768x24).

>A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

Best regards! Nick (2001-07-30 10:13:18)