[Mplayer-users] Re: Audio Problems - Buffer

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Jul 31 20:28:33 CEST 2001

Hi,

> On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 02:01:43PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
>
> > as i said before, it can be. but it takes long (must read and decode
> > big part of file), and as 99% of files not using VBR, it doens't worth.
>
> Couldn't you just monitor the bit rate of audio frames and if it varies,
> assume it's VBR and adjust to the situation on the fly?
i can detect if it changes, but demuxer can't be changed on-the-fly.
it must be decided before parsing the file.

please leave this problem now.
i'll rework avi demuxer later, and i'll try to solve this somehow.

or, if you want, simply put ni=1 into config file.
it will force the 'ni' parsing method, used by avifile and windows media
player. btw it does slower i/o (2 independent file thread instead
of one) but who cares :)  and it uses less system memory than no-ni.

maybe i'll change it to be default.

> > > Media Player in Windows seems to be able to handle this kind of video.
> > then use it
>
> No, thanks. I have something better :)
:)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team