[Mplayer-users] SDL aalib bug - SOLVED!

havner alien at staszic.waw.pl
Sat Jun 2 19:38:58 CEST 2001

I've compiled SDL on RedHat 7.0 and run it on RH 7.1 It was OK, so this bug
was not connected with linked binary libraries from RH 7.1. It was soething
wornk when compiling SDL. Includes or binutils. Gdb and analyzing core file
showed that there was something wrong in _Hermed_X86_CPU (whatever it
means). I've found libhermes in SDL. They are written in assembler. So I
inastalled NASM from RH 7.0 and it is OK. Both RH have the same NASM
version but as wee see this from 7.1 is something buggy (maybe compiled
with GCC 2.96 :-) ).

Now I've found that svgalib through SDL doesn't work, but I don't care
anymore. I'm tired of looking for aalib bug. Native svgalib works OK.

--
Regards
Havner

alien at boss.staszic.waw.pl