[Mplayer-users] mplayer & cvs

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jun 3 12:59:05 CEST 2001

On Sunday, 3. June 2001 15:24, you wrote:
> Felix Buenemann saw fit to inform me that:
> >On Sunday, 3. June 2001 04:28, you wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> If I do :
> >>
> >> debian:/var/log# cvs
> >> -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.mplayer.sourceforge.net:/var/cvs/mplayer login
> >> (Logging in to anonymous at cvs.mplayer.sourceforge.net)
> >> CVS password:
> >
> >eeeh press return.
> >after the first time checkout simply go into main dir and type cvs up -d.
>
> When I pressed return at the password prompt I got this :-)
>
> debian:~# cvs
> -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.mplayer.sourceforge.net:/var/cvs/mplayer login
> (Logging in to anonymous at cvs.mplayer.sourceforge.net)
> CVS password:
> Fatal error, aborting.
> anonymous: no such user
> cvs [login aborted]: authorization failed: server
> cvs.mplayer.sourceforge.net rejected access debian:~#

You can't read!

www.sf.net/projectsmplayer/:
Anonymous CVS Access

This project's SourceForge CVS repository can be checked out through
anonymous (pserver) CVS with the following instruction set. The module you
wish to check out must be specified as the modulename. When prompted for a
password for anonymous, simply press the Enter key.

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.mplayer.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/mplayer login

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.mplayer.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/mplayer co
modulename

Updates from within the module's directory do not need the -d parameter.

--
Best Regards,
   Felix