[Mplayer-users] How about Brightness and Contrast control

Mikael Svenson mikaels at powertech.no
Mon Jun 4 13:48:46 CEST 2001

What if you have a G400 and uses TV-out? Mostly everything I watch is a
bit dark when using TV out. Tuning the contrast and brightness on the TV
helps a bit, but it's not ideal. I know the Window$ drivers has settings
for tuning RGB, brightness and contrast on the TV-out.

So, I would think that having a increase brightness/alpha on the output
when displaying it would be a somewhat great idea. I was looking in the
mplayer.c source and on line 1189 there is a line which seems to set
brightness for divx movies, but it's commented out. Could this be something?

-Mikael