[Mplayer-users] Problem with alsa-driver/libs

Jindrich Kolorenc jkol5223 at menza.mff.cuni.cz
Wed Jun 6 06:05:32 CEST 2001

First of all I want to apologize that I am interrupting thread with this
offtopic, but it seems that on alsa-users mailing list nobody is going to
help me.

Well, I tried to compile alsa-libraries and got the following error
message

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lc.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

I use RedHat (about 7.0) and I have installed packages
glibc-2.2.2-10
glibc-common-2.2.2-10
glibc-devel-2.2.2-10
one of which should contain the library needed, I think. But I don't have
the gcc comming with RedHat, because I need to compile MPlayer too :-). So
I compiled gcc-2.95.3 for myself (I used --enable-shared in configure
step)

I really believe that at this list are many people who know solution.
Thanks for answer in advance.

Jindrich Kolorenc.