[Mplayer-users] Compiling with Red Hat 7.1

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sat Jun 9 00:35:55 CEST 2001

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001 11:44:28 +0200 (MET DST) Christoph Lampert <lampert at math.chalmers.se> wrote:

> >I suggested the same, but it will be big performance loss!
> >
> >And you poor users always want to watch 720x576 divx on k6-300 and so
> >every bit of speed matters.
>
> ha! If only I had 300 MHz!!!

Just a little remark. It's not the CPU that is too slow, it's
the motherboard. That's a problem with the old K6 Boards.
My K6-II 350 doesn't have enough bandwith on the bus to play
a divX 720x576 (with a matrox G200 on an assus board), but my brothers
PII 266 is. He has about factor 3 more bandwith to the graphics
card than i have. So be carefull when comparing CPUs.

			Attila Kinali

--
POINTER: A sort of dog which always seems to know which way the data went.