[Mplayer-users] Compiling with Red Hat 7.1

Alex Kanavin ak at cave.hop.stu.neva.ru
Mon Jun 11 15:01:20 CEST 2001

On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Felix Buenemann wrote:

> > Felix reported that gcc-3.0 compiles mplayer without any problems with
> > enabled 3dnow optimization. So 3.0 != 2.96
> na, I reported it works for me with 2.95.2.

I have just tried the latest 3.0 snapshot (gcc version 3.0 20010608
(prerelease)) with the latest mplayer snapshot (MPlayer
0.17cvs-010611-08:45) and the "playing mpeg-1s gives black window in 16bpp
with -vo x11" bug is still there. So no need to blame Red Hat or ask them
to fix it. The bug is still unfixed in gcc 3.0. It should be reported to
gcc team instead. I have checked libvo/yuv2rgb_mmx.o with objdump -d and,
indeed, the second half of the assembler code in yuv420_rgb16_mmx function
is missing.

Therefore the documentation, particularly the MPlayer-FAQ and Requirements
should be corrected. The ./configure script should be corrected too.

--
Alexander

Homepage: http://www.sensi.org/~ak/