[Mplayer-users] What to do before version 1.0

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Tue Jun 12 19:22:43 CEST 2001

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 07:08:32PM +0200, Christoph Lampert wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Arpi wrote:
>
> > maybe you with athlon or p4 aren't interested in some percent speed
> > loss, but many users are.
>
> Aaaargh! Then let them compile themselves! You are not supposed to FORBID
> this... Just offer a few finished binaries for those you don't know how.

But ... a novice Linux user installs mplayer from binary. And he will consider
mplayer as sux because it IS slow ... And he will tell some people that
mplayer is a slow shit of player ... It's because the maximum performance
needs costum optimization made at compile time of course ...
You can make packages (rpm,deb, ...) which compiles the source at installing
the pacakge and you're done. And of story ...

--
 --[ Gábor Lénárt ]---[ Vivendi Telecom Hungary ]---------[ lgb at lgb.hu ]--
 U have 8 bit comp or chip of them and it's unused or to be sold? Call me!