[Mplayer-users] What to do before version 1.0

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Jun 12 22:27:20 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > > No, seriously: There could very well be more than one package: non-optimized,
> > > MMX, 3DNow, SSE, SSE2. Many programs come e.g. in RPMs for different
> >
> > 486
> > 586
> > 586-mmx
> > p2
> and p2(i686 ?) without mmx (PentiumPro)
> > p3 (sse)
> > p4 (sse2)
> > k5
and k6 without 3dnow
> > k6 (3dnow)
> > k7 (3dnow-dsp)

we should split the player to a common and cpu-dependent part.
another system-dependent thing are audio and video out drivers.
not everyone have mga_vid, SDL 1.2.1, alsa 0.5 _and_ 0.9 etc...
yes, they must be done using plugins. so the mplayer core won't
depend on these libs.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu