[Mplayer-users] MPlayer Issues - Fairly Common.

nologic nologic at phreaker.net
Wed Jun 13 13:36:16 CEST 2001

Hi all,

New to the list, new to mplayer, but both look promising for my Linux
boxen to be one step closer to that MultiMedia Dream (TM) =)

OK, enough of the introductory crap.

Once compiling mplayer, I have a problem with video playback.  Now, before
you press delete, I'm sure this problem is fairly common, so maybe someone
here would be able to point me in the right direction.

I am using -vo X11 to output video, and I've tried a few different formats
(MPEG2, MPEG, AVI, etc.). I'm using X 4.0.1a, with a TNT card.

When I try to play video, all I get is a black window.  The audio plays
back fine and crystal clear, but alas, no video, just a black window.

Any ideas?

NoLogic