[Mplayer-users] Problem with MP4 file.

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Jun 14 01:12:56 CEST 2001

Hi,

> 	btdemo1:/usr/src/video/mplayer>./mplayer Concession_LAN_800k.mp4
>
> 	MPlayer 0.17cvs-010612-09:40  (C) 2000-2001 Arpad Gereoffy <arpi at thot.banki.hu>
>
> 	Reading /maxk/.mplayer/codecs.conf: 15 audio & 28 video codecs
> 	Not MPEG System Stream format... (maybe Transport Stream?)
> 	============= Sorry, this file format not recognized/supported ===============
> 	=== If this file is an AVI, ASF or MPEG stream, please contact the author! ===
>
> So, contacting the authors :)).
> I got this file from Phillips web site:
> 	http://www.mpeg-4player.com/downloads/videos/
>
> MPEG4IP plays it just fine with DivX codec.
What is MPEG4IP? URL?

> Comments ?
I've never seen mpeg4 streams, so it isn't yet supported. I'll download
the file above, and check how it differs from mpeg1/2 streams.
Mpeg4 codecs (m$ mpeg4 v1,2,3 and opendivx) are currently supported only
with AVI encapsulation.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu