[Mplayer-users] MPlayer on non x86 platform

Maksim Krasnyanskiy maxk at qualcomm.com
Thu Jun 14 01:19:05 CEST 2001

> > Actually I managed to compiled and use MPlayer on Compaq iPAQ which is (as you know) based on
> > StrongARM processor. ARM is little-endian though, so I don't have any issues with endianess.
> > Performance is suck of course but MPEG2 and DivX codecs work fine.
>do you mean opendivx?
Yep.

> > How about running 'indent' on all C and H sources ?
>ARRRRRRRGHHH!!! (<- i think no comment needed)
:))))

>Everyone has its own indenting style.
I'd at least maintain same style through out all files.

>Some hate those 8-wide tabs and use 2 or 4 (using tabs or spaces, variable) or 8.. etc. we don't want to change this.
Yeah, but not indenting body of the function at all is always a bad idea.

>I have no problem with speed of ./configure (behind my p3-900+256mb :))))
>but we know nothing about autoconf files and usage. I tried to learn it a
>year ago, no success.
It seems complicated in the begging but actually it's pretty simple.
Years of developing and maintaining several projects (vtun.sf.net, bluez.sf.net,etc) made me autoconf fan :))

>It's OK to change to autoconf (!) but _ONLY_ if someone converts current
>./configure script to autoconf thinggy, and after it he _MAINTAINING_IT_.
>I (and other mplayer developers) don't want to learn autoconf stuff!!!
>Someone with depth knowledge of it needs, because there are very complicated
>tests in ./configure (much more that check of existance a file).
Ok. I'll see if I have time for that.

>Btw automake really sucks, with its very long unreadable makefiles and
>.libs etc subdirectories. autoconf is ok, at least I see its sense.
I wouldn't say that it sucks. Sometimes it does a good job.
However I don't use it much in my own projects.

Thanks
Max

Maksim Krasnyanskiy
Senior Kernel Engineer