[Mplayer-users] What to do before version 1.0

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Sat Jun 16 22:02:09 CEST 2001

On Sat, Jun 16, 2001 at 10:49:42PM +0400, Alex Kanavin wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Jun 2001, Arpi wrote:
>
> > double work - nothing sense.
> > and if you've read my benchmark about i586 vs i686 thing here, then
> > you know: switching some mmx/sse/3dnow optimization at runtime is not all!
> > compilation of the C code (-march,-mcpu) also matters A LOT!
> > and you can't do it with runtime pointers.
>
> I know. But... users want binaries. :) And the above steps would greatly

Tell me why! Users can install packages which configure, make and install
mplayer without any further works so the only problem is the time to compile
mplayer but imho it's not too big problem.

--
 --[ Gábor Lénárt ]---[ Vivendi Telecom Hungary ]---------[ lgb at lgb.hu ]--
 U have 8 bit comp or chip of them and it's unused or to be sold? Call me!