[Mplayer-users] DivX splitting

mgraffam at idsi.net mgraffam at idsi.net
Fri Jun 22 06:00:21 CEST 2001

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Arpi wrote:

> Hmm. There is another program called 'qtrecompress' in the avifile package.
> It's 'qt' is coming from Trolltech's qt widget (base of KDE), and it
> converts from avi/asf(?) to avi. It does nothing with quicktime.

Well, this information is coming to me second hand .. so maybe it is the
same thing? I have both packages installed .. I just fired up qtrecompress
after reading an email sent to me and verified that it split my DivX file.

The only reason I compiled and installed avifile was to satisfy Mplayer,
so I never actually messed with any of the bins that came with it.

When I get a little time over the weekend, I'm going to see just how well
qtrecompress actually works.

--
Michael Graffam (mgraffam at idsi.net)
The importance of a suburban struggle has usually been underestimated;