[Mplayer-users] Re: CODE FREEZEE - Any bugs?

Anssi Saari as at sci.fi
Sat Jun 23 22:02:52 CEST 2001

On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 12:44:08AM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> CVS is now frozen. It means that no more features will be
> commited until 0.18 release (monday).
> We'll update docs, and check code for warnings.
>
> If you know any BUGS not yet fixed in latest CVS, then please tell us!
> (but please read DOCS/BUGS and DOCS/BUGREPORTS before sending it!)

I have some issues, not really bugs. If I use -ss to seek somewhere
and OSD is on, OSD will show the progress bar and it won't go away no
matter how many times I press 'o'. Elapsed time disappears and reappears
though. If I set osdlevel to 0, no problem. This seems to happen with
-vo x11 or -vo xv at least, windowed or fullscreen.

The other thing is that I used to be able to switch away from full screen
mplayer by changing virtual desktops with the keyboard, but that doesn't
work any more. Mplayer does seem to lose focus so that I can't control
it from the keyboard any more, though. I can switch to other virtual
terminals.

One more little thing, it now seems to take two hits of ESC to exit in
fullscreen mode, in window one is enough.

System information:
Kernel version: Linux dorkstar 2.2.19 #6 Wed Jun 6 15:56:06 EEST 2001 i686 unknown
libc version: /lib/libc-2.2.3.so /lib/libc.so.5 /lib/libc.so.5.4.46 /lib/libc.so.6
X version: XFree86 Version 4.0.3 / X Window System
gcc version: gcc version 2.95.4 20010319 (Debian prerelease)
ld version: GNU ld version 2.11.90.0.7 (with BFD 2.11.90.0.7)
binutils version: GNU assembler 2.11.90.0.7

Hardware & drivers:
CPU info:
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 6
model           : 3
model name      : AMD Duron(tm) Processor
stepping        : 1
cpu MHz         : 799.619
cache size      : 64 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
sep_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 psn mmxext mmx fxsr 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips        : 1595.80

video card manufacturer and model:
Elsa Gladiac MX, NVidia Geforce 2MX 32MB SDRAM

video driver type&version:
NVidia 1.0-1251

sound card type & driver:
Creative SB128PCI with OSS drivers of kernel

Output of mplayer at verbose level 1 (I don't know if this says anything useful):