[mplayer] Re: Debianitzation!

Gabucino gabucino at k2.jozsef.kando.hu
Fri Mar 2 02:02:57 CET 2001

It's the Question that drives us, Dariusz Pietrzak :
> > Codecs are not stolen, as long they're not bakcwards enginiered to
                                               ^^^^^^^^^ reverse
Linux distributions should NEVER include DLLs.

> DivX ones are.
> Or could you please tell me who wrote them and owns copyright?
But they aren't distributed with avifile. At least in a separate .zip .
MPlayer is currently heavily dependent on compile-time-detected stuff, so
a package could only contain the most basic stuff (x11 and null output:), thus
would be unusable.

As soon as autodetect routines are implemented, this thread would make sense.

TeleNiEkO, please shorten your signature, also quoted text should be above
your answer.

--
Gabucino