[Mplayer-users] mplayer questions, remarks, etc

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Mar 7 16:40:25 CET 2001

Hi,

> First: grabbing video from V4L devices. Mplayer wouldn't need all the
> cruft for changing TV stations and what have you -- this can be set up
> with command line tools prior to launching mplayer if need be. I see
> this more as a clean way for playing content that comes from an external
> DVD player or other video sources.
It's already done (partially, just for testing its possible).
Check 'make tvision' and then the tvision binary.
I'll add realtime video compression from v4l, using ffmpeg.

> Such ability seems to have a natural place if ffmpeg is getting merged in
> to allow a/v encoding. It's nice to see what it is you're encoding.
I my 0.12-pre it's qlready working. I see what am i grabbing.

> The other request is to be able to specify what resolution we want
> "fullscreen mode" to be, and then have mplayer switch X into that
> resolution, and scale the movie accordingly.
We don't know how to change X resolution. Any ideas? Code example?
Patch for libvo?

> As far as the .11 release goes, though, I have a question: how can
> I enable the DGA driver? I want to play around with it a bit.
./configure --enable-dga
make distclean
make

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team