[Mplayer-users] library trouble running mplayer

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed Mar 7 17:26:19 CET 2001

--- Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > 1/
> > little prob when compiling Mplayer:
> fixed in CVS

Good!

> you have incomplete OpenGL libraries...
> try to recompile mplayer without GL:
>
> ./configure --disable-gl
> make distclean
> make dep
> make

YES!!! it works!!!!

> > I hate libraries :-(
> I hate bugreports from broken systems. :)

sorry

> > - I have an openGL compliant video card (nvidia riva tnt2 M64),
> > - driver version is 0.9.6 (= latest),
> read the FAQ. nvidia's shit (i don't know better word for it)
> not (yet) supported.

The NVidia drivers are something of a missed opportunity. They could make
good ones, they do something wishy-washy. Their linux support is a joke.

The strange thing is: now I tried if other thing would work, so I dug up
a demo version of Heay Gear, which has been working properly on my comp.
Now it gives errors on startup. I did re-install the kernel and glx
drivers since my kernel recompile, still... no effect.

Maybe it's worth putting in your faq that lokigames has a script that
checks if your configuration is OK. I't in
http://www.lokigames.com/~heimdall/nvidia/. (Imagine: lokigames doing the
dirty work for nvidia.)

THX all, for listening to my plonk talk, and my next graphics card won't
be nvidia unless they opensource it.