[Mplayer-users] new mga_vid driver

Maximo Ramos maximo at violadores.org
Wed Mar 7 17:42:28 CET 2001

hey!! :)

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 05:15:27PM -0600, Arpi wrote:

> What about a new list, called Mplayer-MGA-users  :)

that sounds sooo sweet! :*)

> > Yes, but my question was "how?" If I try now in my console mplayer -vo
> > mga all I get is green/pink shit (with movements "ala matrix")
> You will see green matrix noise if running mga driver in textmode.

sure! that is what I called "console" .... text mode .... just black
and white.

> You must using it under X, or framebuffer (graphic-mode) console.

ok, so it won't work with the normal console? Should I use instead fb?
(it's too buggy!! :(

> It's a driver bug, or you are using the 'normal' X instead of the
> X-over-framebuffer version (Xxfb)

I think I know the difference between -vo mga and -vo xmga (perhaps I
am mixing everything up :( it's 01:40am here)

> But, if you are running X, then why do you use mplayer/mga
> on the console? And if you doesn't like X then why do you have
> to switch to X??? Choose a 'platform': fbconsole or X, and don't
> mix them, it's not ok.

I like X .. I like console .. if I want to play an .avi in console
while running X is because I'd like to try the performance.

ok, now I get it: only X and fbconsole goes with mga, no the normal
vga console :(

> I have no experiences with framebuffer console, because i really hate
> it (80x25 textmode forever! :)), i'm using it only for mga TV-out.

thanks for your reply man!!