[Mplayer-users] broken video with mga or xmga

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Mar 8 09:13:53 CET 2001

Hi,

> After download latest source from cvs playing a file
>
> with -vo mga or xmga fails:
>
> root at PCNEU /privat/pics > mplayer -vo xmga verona60avi56k.avi
divx was broken with my new double-buffered mga_vid driver :(((
(LGB alerady reporte dit, and sent meg some gdb backtrace logs)

it's now fixed, do cvs update!!!

I also implemented MGA ramsize detection, maybe it fails but
it shouldn't (it reads the PCI resource structures).
doing 'dmesg' after 'insmod mga_vid.o' you'll see the detected
video ram size. if it differs from your real ram size, then
edit mga_vid.c, and specify ramsize (in megabytes) by
#define MGA_MEMORY_SIZE 32

(please report me if ramsize detection failed - just to know)

The new buffering code uses more memory, so 8/16 mb card
owners maybe has to reduce buffers in libvo/mga_common.c:
        mga_vid_config.num_frames=4;
(valid values: 1..4, recommended: 3 or 4)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu