[Mplayer-users] new mga_vid driver

Dariusz Pietrzak dariush at ajax.umcs.lublin.pl
Thu Mar 8 13:33:14 CET 2001

> WHAT? but I thought it was only possible with fbconsole, not vga
> ..gee, no I am getting more and more confused.
Apri was refering to real graphics - you can't do them in text mode,
because it's TEXT mode and all you can send to card are ascii codes plus
maybe you could change glyphs.
AALib is used to display images using text - using approximations, it
work's especially cute on hercules cards ( I bought one just to see it
working ;) .. hmm and because monitor for it costed about 5$ ;) )

> Aper told me that it can't be possible, text is text, but I can see
> graphics (zgv) and play quake I .. I just don't get it ...
But zgv  uses SVGA, and it changes modes to graphic mode AFAIK.
There's no need for mplayer to do that.