[Mplayer-users] -vo 3dfx support

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Mar 9 17:36:36 CET 2001

Hi,

> Hi, is there any development happening for -vo 3dfx driver, as im unable
> to get it compiled...
No, because we have no such hardware. As far as i know, it works only
with the 2.2 kernels and glide 2.x. I've never tried.

> I get dga, xv,x11,gl,odivx,pgm and md5 but no 3dfx.
./configure --enable-3dfx

> (and from these only x11 works, dgagetvideo dont have rights for memory
> mapping, xv complains about BadAccess, gl segfaults rest i dont have
> tested)
dga needs ROOT rights, so SUID mplayer binary or running as root.
xv needs Xv driver for your card, Voodoo3 has Xv support only with X 4.0.2
gl works only with Utah-GLX under X 3.3.x, and maybe with glide+mesa

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu