[Mplayer-users] Postprocessing

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Mar 9 17:47:08 CET 2001

Hi,

> the X11 output has a much better quality here on my XFree 4.0.2, due to
> some postprocessing I guess, than the Xv and the SDL.
>
> Is this a mplayer thing or a XFree thing?
nope...

i have never seen that x11 is better than xv...
and there is no different postprocessing for x11/xv.

xv has bilinear filtering in YUV space, while x11/dga has no filtering or
filters in RGB space (sdl), so it's quality loss.

what quality difference do you seen? Better contrast/colors?
Less mpeg noise?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu