[Mplayer-users] new mga_vid driver

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Fri Mar 9 15:43:09 CET 2001

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001 01:16:08 +0900 Maximo Ramos <maximo at violadores.org> wrote:

> > > Right now I use VGA console, fb gave me so much trouble when I switched
> > > from X to console back and forth.

Hm... you're the second from whom i hear problems with switching problems
between X <-> fb. Were you using matrox fb or vesa fb ?

If it helps, my kernel parameter looks like this (from lilo.conf):

append="video=matrox:vesa:277,pixclock:25000,left:88,right:40,upper:23,lower:1,h
slen:128,vslen:4"

just for testing "video=matrox:vesa:277" should be enough (the rest is just
to move the screen a little bit etc)

Also read the documentation for matrox fb in
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/fb/matroxfb.txt

> So .. :( .. what maybe wrong? I have a G200, perhaps the depth of my
> console? perhaps the resolution? how can I find out ? :(

I have also a G200 and it works great. I think neither fb nor
VGA console should make any problems, because mga_vid access the
G200/G400 directly. Can you describe your problems a bit more precisely

			Attila Kinali

--
Chaos ist der Weg zum Ziel.
              -- Thomas Graf in #lugs