[Mplayer-users] Encoding mpeg1 on linux

Simon Harrison smh at dr.com
Fri Mar 9 16:49:33 CET 2001

Can anyone tell me the programs/settings I need to record mpeg1 movies using
V4L that will play on mplayer?  I'm using ffmpeg
and don't seem to be having much luck.  The sound synchronisation seems to
be totally wrong, so the sound finishes before the video, but when recording
using VCR and divx everything works fine.  Is this an ffmpeg issue or
mplayer?

Ideally I'd like to hear from anyone using WinTV Go to create mpeg1 files
under linux, especially ones that can play on Windoze...

thanks in advance, and sorry for being slightly off topic...

-Simon.

My system:
Athlon 700, 512M RAM, SB AWE 64, WinTV-GO (BT878).
Linux 2.4.2, XF4.0.2 (with ATI patches) Xvideo, DGA etc...
Latest stable Mplayer, avilib and ffmpeg.