[Mplayer-users] full screen ?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Mar 12 02:01:21 CET 2001

Hi,

> When I use the commandline options -fs -vo gl , it gives me half of the
> screen and no movements at all.
Your opengl driver (what driver do you have? what X version? what card?)
is buggy, and doesn't support well the glTexSubImage() function.

> When I use -fs -x11, the whole screen gets black, but the movie stays in this
> little frame.
the 'x11' driver can't do scaling/resizing. it's mentioned in the docs as well...

you should use something hardware-accelerated driver, because software
scaling is too slow. if your card has no good linux support (Xv extension
or mga_vid support) then you can try software-emulation using fs-DGA or SDL.
But you were warned: they are extremly slow, and requires P3-900 or better :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu