[Mplayer-users] full screen ?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Mar 12 06:29:07 CET 2001

Hi,

> > > I also have a k6-II 350 and a matrox G200 and only had probs
> > > with a few movies, for most i have enough cpu.
> > Yes. But don't forget something: Matrox G200/G400 have extremly fast
> > YUV unit, and direct hardware access via the mga_vid device!!!
>
> Guess why i spend that much money to buy a matrox :-)
:)
My G400MAX DH 32SG was also much money... but it does worth!

> > (for beginners: Xv (X-video) is the new standard for the hardware multimedia
> > acceleration functions under Linux/UNIX. Similar to DirectShow under Win98.
> > It supports TV tuners, mpeg en/decoder cards, hardware scaling/resizing,
> > YUV colorspace conversion etc.)
>
> Huh? Does it cover that much ?
yes.
- 2D acceleration (clear screen, background tiled image, fast window move,
  rectangle fill, bitmap font rendering) is coverd by XAA,
- 3D by DRI (OpenGL)
- 2D vector graphics by the new Render extension (antialiased TTF fonts etc)
- and everything other related to video is covered by Xv.

> Do you know a good document about Xv ?
www.xfree86.org :)
there is many docs about it. i can't name a single one.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu