[Mplayer-users] vo_3dfx not supported anymore?

Heinrich Langos heinrich at wh9.tu-dresden.de
Thu Mar 15 19:02:20 CET 2001

hi is just browsed through config.h and found that there was support
for 3dfx cards .... seems it was removed when the draw_slice()
parameters where changed ...

i've got a Voodoo Banshee and i am willing to do some testing and
debugging if anybody wants to continue working on that code ...
unfortunately it seems like the banshee only supports yuv in planar
formats ... or so xvinfo says ... not sure about hw-scaling at all
does anybody know better ?

i'm sorry that i have no time to work on it myself but i'm just about
to start my thesis ... and this will leave me with hardly enough time
to breath ...  now and then :-)

i guess with some mmx commands it shoulndn't be too hard to write a
fairly efficient packed<->planar converter in case the decoder doesn't
support both. (does divxc32.dll ?)

anyway .. thanx for the nice player .. i like the AV-autosync ...
but scaling badly needs a "keep-aspec-ratio" feature ... so that
"mplayer -x <width> ..." would set y = <width>/movie.x * movie.y

keep up the nice work ... and is there an archive of the list ?
i didn't find any...

-heinrich