[Mplayer-users] vo_3dfx not supported anymore?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Mar 16 02:15:29 CET 2001

Hi,

> hi is just browsed through config.h and found that there was support
> for 3dfx cards .... seems it was removed when the draw_slice()
> parameters where changed ...
Yes. I can't test it (alck of hw), so I disabled it.
And it uses the old Glide 2.x /dev/3dfx driver (supported up to the 2.2.x
kernels, but not by 2.4.x). I think, Xv does this job better and in a
more standard way.

> i've got a Voodoo Banshee and i am willing to do some testing and
> debugging if anybody wants to continue working on that code ...
> unfortunately it seems like the banshee only supports yuv in planar
> formats ... or so xvinfo says ... not sure about hw-scaling at all
> does anybody know better ?
There was a patch on the DRI list for supporting other YUV pixel format
(including the packed ones) for voodoo3 (and maybe banshee?) cards.

> i guess with some mmx commands it shoulndn't be too hard to write a
> fairly efficient packed<->planar converter in case the decoder doesn't
> support both. (does divxc32.dll ?)
Good idea. Any volunteers?

> anyway .. thanx for the nice player .. i like the AV-autosync ...
> but scaling badly needs a "keep-aspec-ratio" feature ... so that
> "mplayer -x <width> ..." would set y = <width>/movie.x * movie.y
try the option -xy <width>

> keep up the nice work ... and is there an archive of the list ?
> i didn't find any...
Unfortunately SF's archiving (both geocrawler and mailman's archive function)
doesn't work at all. I've set up a small archive at my server, grepping
all the mails from my mailbox:
  http://thot.banki.hu/mplayer/
yes, it's in standard unix mailbox format yet, i couldn't yet find a
good CGI to convert it to html on-the-fly. any ideas?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu