[Mplayer-users] mplayerHQ - new timing code

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Mar 17 03:11:58 CET 2001

Hi,

After some talk with Zdenek Kabelac (avifile hacker), I did a fork()
on mplayer.c, and re-organized the timing code:
It's mplayerHQ.

The main purpuse of this test code, is showing video frames just in
time, at exact microsec precision.
So playing video with it should be very fluent!

(To see the precision, just uncomment this line in libvo/vo_xmga.c:
#define SHOW_TIME
and of course use -vo xmga... <= for G200/G400 users only!)

I changed some important code, so it's very alpha yet.
For example, removed the use of select() for audio.
And it eats some of your idle CPU ticks just for the precise timing.
(I'm using empty loop instead of buggy usleep())

It was tested with mpeg1 and divx avi files only.

Pause doesn't work well, after re-starting video it will out of sync.
I'll fix this soon.

Please try it, and tell me/us the results. Is it work or not,
does video look better or more fluent or not etc.
Do you have audio or a-v sync problems with it (it's possible).

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu