[Mplayer-users] recent problems with mplayer-cvs

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Mar 21 05:06:38 CET 2001

Hi,

> > > does it work with -nosound  ?
> > >

> > Yes, it does infact work with -nosound. I wonder what XFree has got to
> > do with this?
>
> Nothing. It looks like mplayer cant open the sounddevice so it blocks.
Good idea.

Do you have other programs running which uses the sound device? For examlpe
ksoundd/esd etc.. xmms ... exit all of them!

> (but i thoght the behavior changed to use automaticaly -nosound if
> it cant open the sounddevice ?)
yes, Szabi has told the same at the devel list some days ago. But we can't
detect blocking of /dev/dsp. Normally, if it's busy (used by other programs)
it should return EBUSY for the open() syscall. But it opens fine, but
then blocks.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu