[Mplayer-users] dga and divX

Pietro Abate abate at students.cs.unibo.it
Sun Mar 25 12:09:35 CEST 2001

> > The problem is with the dga extension (-vo dga). When I try to use
> Why don't you use the Xv driver for ATI+Gatos???

because the dga output seams to be faster than Xv. I have a celeron 433 +
192 Mb ram and the Ati Rage mob  4Mb, but I have frequent audio interruption
with 'complex' video. For example the Matrix trailer.
The only problem with dga is that you have to be root or set suid mplayer...

> > X11 running at 1024x768 depth: 16
> the problem is here. avi codecs can't output to 16bpp. you should
> try with X in 15bpp or 24/32 bpp.

ARGGGG, I read the README, but I didn't notice that...

thank you,
pietro
--
Undergraduate student of Computer Science - ALMA MATER STUDIORUM Bologna -
Alias:  coc0526-=No-Spammm=- at iperbole.bologna.it
pgp key: 1024D/8A091922 2000-10-18 Pietro Abate <abate at students.cs.unibo.it>
Key fingerprint = 5111 D91B 5E0C 5CE6 FDA3  5EF4 6120 E18E 8A09 1922
public key avalaible via public key server at wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net