[Mplayer-users] mplayer with alsa

venugopal G.V.R. venu at gdit.iiit.net
Tue May 1 13:00:30 CEST 2001

> Only problem with the keyboard navigation stuff is that, if there is some
> problem with the VCD than I cannot skip that part and go forward. mplayer
> directly returns me back to the command prompt.

	yes indeed. A truly excellent player will become even better if
mplayer allows skipping over damaged portions of VCDs/MPEG files. At the
moment, mplayer just quits when a damaged portion of the VCD is
encountered, and a lot of keyboard juggelry is required (skipping way past
the damaged section, and then moving backwards - hit and miss style) to
play further. Will it be possible to integerate this feature into mplayer?

								venu