[Mplayer-users] Re: mplayer with alsa

Rajesh Fowkar rfowkar at goatelecom.com
Tue May 1 23:18:22 CEST 2001

Gabucino saw fit to inform me that:
>It's the Question that drives us, Rajesh Fowkar :
>>
>> ##
>> ## Remember the -noalsa switch ? You can specify it either with:
>> ##
>> ## noalsa = 1
>> ## or
>> ## alsa = no
>> ## or
>> ## noalsa = no
>> ##
>>
>> #noalsa = 1
>This section should give you a hint...

I had tried all the three options. But it did not work. I had to give -alsa
at the command line.

Similar thing happens if I say change vo=sdl in /etc/mplayer.conf.

If I change as above than in Eterm if I type mplayer without -vo it still
takes the old driver which I specified i.e. vo=xv. To make mplayer use sdl
I had to forcefully give mplayer -vo sdl. Why is it not taking values from
mplayer.conf ?

Thanks for your time.

Warm Regards

Rajesh Fowkar                    rfowkar at goatelecom.com
Kurtarkar Nagari,Bldg-C,T4,      http://rajesh.computers.webjump.com
Santacruz,Ponda-Goa-403401-INDIA Powered By :Debian GNU/Linux with GRUB
				             Kernel 2.4.4 & Mutt 1.3.17i
					     IceWM 1.0.8-5  & KDE 2.1
"The expert at anything was once a beginner."  -Hayes