[Mplayer-users] mplayer with alsa

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue May 1 21:29:17 CEST 2001

Hi,

> Then I played the video on alsa with mplayer -alsa <filename>. It played
> fine. No problems.
It's normal.

> Can anybody help me out on what is to be put in mplayer.conf so that I need
> not type -alsa everytime I want to play a video ?
alsa=1

> Only problem with the keyboard navigation stuff is that, if there is some
> problem with the VCD than I cannot skip that part and go forward. mplayer
> directly returns me back to the command prompt.
It shouldn't... What 'problem' do you mean? I want to see output of mplayer
-v -v -v -v when exits VCD this way...
(I have really BAD and damaged VCDs but they're playable without any
problems. picture is blokcy and jumpy sometimes (where teh CD is bad) but it
never exits until the end of the film)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu