[Mplayer-users] amazing divx

Stefan Recksiegel sr at particle.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed May 2 12:21:36 CEST 2001

Hi Jean-Luc,

> as far as I am concerned), while still playable on my K6-2 400 / Savage 4
> machine (around 75% CPU average).

I have a K6-2 266 running at 300 MHz and a Savage 4, with
complex movies the machine has some problems, but divx with
moderate res or vcd is fine. I was not sure whether I should
get a faster CPU for that old machine that usually just runs
as a server, but maybe it is worth it ... The motherboard
should be able to support up to 500 MHz (although there is
no ref to anything faster than 333 in the manual).

Can I have a few meg of that file ? You can send it as an email
attachment, my system  should be able to handle it.

Stefan