[Mplayer-users] mpeg 16bpp bug - HELP US

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun May 6 01:36:13 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > > There is also a bug with ir32 compression. I can't get it work on XV output
> > > on ANY of the dephts. I send you description soon. (X11 works fine)
> > Do you mean indeo 3.2? That codec doesn't support YUV output - so it's
> > impossible to use Xv or other YUV-type output for it.
>
> I didn't noticed. Are you gonig to do YUV for thic codec?

I CAN'T do it. The codec writters could do it, not me.
But they are already dead or working on other projects.. indeo 3/4 are very
old ones, maybe then they even don't know the YUV format.

> > And with X11 the image should be upside-down.
>
> it is upside down :-(
Same.

The original VfW specs (used in windows 3.1) wanted BMP as output.
And image in BMP is upside-down, and RGB-only. So Codecs from Win 3.1 are
buggy with mplayer too... We won't make image flipping code only for these
very old not-used-nowdays codecs.

Btw, the original topic. Have you tried the 16bpp bug with --disable-mmx?
I'm waiting the results! (it's very important)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu