[Mplayer-users] Windows Media 8

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue May 8 00:42:24 CEST 2001

Hi,

> I get this error trying to play any WMV 8 video file:

> Start playing...
>
> MPlayer interrupted by signal 8 in module: decode_video

signal 8 is Floating point exception :(

this is a known problem, as status/comment says in codecs.conf

we have to make more win32 emulation to get this working, so
be patient, it will be solved sooner or later.
(we need the help of avifile authors, because the win32 stuff
is their code. as soon as avifile supports wmv8, we'll fix it)

This is general for all codecs, first check the status and
comment lines in codecs.conf!
If status is "crashing", then we already know it, but problems
hasn't been solved.
If status is "untested", then we need sample files to test it.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu