[Mplayer-users] bigger fonts in subtitles

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 8 08:55:38 CEST 2001

On Tuesday,  8. May 2001 05:24, you wrote:
> Hi!!
>
> how can I increase/decrease the size of the subtitles in some movies?
>
> while watching a movie in full screen (with Xv) I'd like to see the
> subtitles in the lower side of the *screen* (now it displays the
> subtitles in the lower side of the *movie* ... any workaround???

It depends on the vo plugin used, cause it decides where to render the
osd/subs, SDL ie. only creates an overlay as large as the video so osd/sub
can be only rendered there (of course that could be changed...).
SVGA out renders osd/sub on the whole screen so it's above and below video if
it has black bars.

--
Best Regards,
   Felix