[Mplayer-users] Upside down Video Playback

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Wed May 9 23:32:07 CEST 2001

On Wednesday,  9. May 2001 18:48, you wrote:
> Hi,
> When playing back videos encoded with the ir32_32.dll the playback works
> only with the -vo x11 flag and is shown upside down.
>
> I think this is a bug,I tried to find the code that does the playback and
> failed to figure what its doing wrong. Does anyone have the bug report
> address to send?

It's not a bug it's a feature. Only australian people are allowed to watch
intel indeo 3.2 videos and as it's on the lower half of the earth video is
flipped so they can see it correctly.
BTW. at least -vo sdl can also play it back. And it's not flipped cause all
vo plugin writers are to lazy to implement code for that =) actually it's
very old videoformat not widely used, so noone of the developers sees the
worth the effort to flip it.

--
Best Regards,
   Felix