[Mplayer-users] Upside down Video Playback

mgraffam at idsi.net mgraffam at idsi.net
Thu May 10 00:25:44 CEST 2001

On Wed, 9 May 2001, Nicolas St-Pierre wrote:

> It's documented and also happens with ir41_32.dll
>
> If the developers don't see any worth in flipping it so it can be played
> back correctly, then it should be removed altogether.  What's the use of
> having a codec if 1. it doesn't work 2. it won't get fixed.

Because it doesn't really take any extra code -- the Windows DLL gets
loaded to take care of the actual codec stuff. The mplayer support
comes out to be a few hundres bytes of support kruft.

I'd be more effort to NOT allow it than to limit the avifile libs.

--
Michael Graffam (mgraffam at idsi.net)
The importance of a suburban struggle has usually been underestimated;